The 2024 BFCU Scholarship Application is now OPEN.
Please continue below.
Note: If you submit your application online, you will still need to turn in your essays and copy of acceptance letter for the application to be complete. See deatils below.
Two scholarships of $1,000 each will be awarded to qualifying graduating high school students. An additional $250 will be given to the nominated teacher of each scholarship winner, for use in their classroom.
The Judging Committee will score each applicant on the following categories:
- Extra-Curricular Activities/Organizations
- 300 to 500-word essay: Judged on content and use of proper English grammar.
- 100-word essay: Judged on content and use of proper English grammar.
- Must be a graduating High School Senior.
- Must be planning to attend a college, university or trade school.
- BFCU employees, committee members, affiliates, and their immediate families are not eligible for this program.
Best Financial membership is open to individuals who live, work, worship, or attend school in the counties of Muskegon, Ottawa, Oceana, Newaygo and Kent.
There are many benefits including:
- Rewards Checking Accounts
- Ask us how to earn high interest or cash back!
- Payroll Deduction
- ATM/Debit Card
- Online/Mobile Banking
- FREE coaching on how to utilize our services
- A typed double-spaced essay of 300 to 500 words on "Two Ideas on ways to Promote Financial Services to your Generation".
- A typed double-spaced essay of 100 words on "How my Teacher was Pivotal in my Education."
- Honors and awards received.
- Extracurricular activities and/or organizations.
- Volunteer work and/or job experience.
- Letter of acceptance to college, university, or trade school.
Both essays and copy of acceptance letter can be submitted by mail, in person to Best Financial Credit Union, or emailed to: [email protected]
Please note: All essays and acceptance letter for online submitted applications need to be received by 11:59 PM on April 5, 2024 or the application will not be valid.
The winners will be notified at their senior awards ceremony (if applicable)!