Two scholarships of $1,000 each will be awarded to qualifying graduating high school students. An additional $250 will be given to the nominated teacher of each scholarship winner, for use in their classroom.
The 2019 Scholarship Application period is now closed. Please stay tuned for the 2020 Scholarship Application.
The Judging Committee will score each applicant on the following categories:
Honors and Awards
- Extra-Curricular Activities/Organizations
- 300 to 500-word essay: Judged on content and use of proper English grammar.
- 100-word essay: Judged on content and use of proper English grammar.
- Must be a graduating High School Senior.
- Must be planning to attend a college, university or trade school.
- BFCU employees, committee members, affiliates, and their immediate families are not eligible for this program.
If you, or your immediate family (may include relatives by blood, marriage or adoption, or any individual living in the same household as the member) are not members of the Credit Union, you may start your membership by opening a savings account in the amount of $25, and obtain an ATM/Debit Card. Best Financial membership is open to individuals who live, work, worship, or attend school in the counties of Muskegon, Ottawa, Oceana, Newaygo and Kent
You'll receive the following benefits:
- Checking account (No fee)
- Ask us how to earn Amazon/iTunes rewards!
- Payroll Deduction
- ATM/Debit Card
- Online Banking
- FREE coaching on how to utilize our services
Plus, we have a $50 incentive for you!
When you open a savings account in the amount of $25 and you follow these two requirements: Keep your account open for a minimum of 90 days — and use your ATM/debit card, we'll deposit $50 into your account!
- A typed double-spaced essay of 300 to 500 words on "Two Ideas on ways to Promote Financial Services to your Generation".
- A typed double-spaced essay of 100 words on "How my Teacher was Pivotal in my Education."
- Honors and awards received.
- Extracurricular activities and/or organizations.
- Volunteer work and/or job experience.
- Letter of acceptance to college, university, or trade school (if available).
Both essays can be submitted by mail or in person to Best Financial Credit Union; or emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note: All essays for online submitted applications need to be received by April 12, 2019 or the application will not be valid.
The winners will be notified at their senior awards ceremony!